Before you Propose
There has been different videos lately where some men and in some cases ladies would propose marriage to their partners publicly only to get rejected. I get really embarrassed on their behalf and I wonder if they didn’t do their due diligence before popping the question. You cannot just wake up one morning and decide you want to ask your partner to marry you especially if it is to be done publicly without doing your homework. Here are some things a man needs to consider before proposing publicly.
• BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT YOUR PARTNER WANTS TO SPEND THE REST OF HER LIFE WITH YOU: Pay close attention to her actions and inactions, bring up issues that relates to marriage, family, the future and observe how she reacts to it. If there is enthusiasm, that is a green light signalling that you are on the right track. If she is nonchalant about it, it is a red light and you may have to take a step back to assess the situation.
• BRING HER FRIENDS CLOSER: Most ladies share how they really feel about their relationships with their close friends. If you want to pop the question and you are not sure of how she will respond to it, her friends will be helpful in this regard and they can stylishly tell you to forge ahead or retreat.
• KNOW THE TYPE OF PROPOSAL SHE WANTS: You should know your partner well and the type of things she appreciates. In the course of your discussion throughout the dating/courting period. You should be able to know if she is a private person or one who loves public attention. The type of person your partner is should determine the type of proposal you should adopt in order to get a positive response.
• KNOW HER RING SIZE: Marriage proposals are usually planned as a surprise and you may not want to alert your partner by asking for her ring size. Her friends can be really helpful in this areas and they would be more than glad to help out. No lady wants an oversized ring or a tight ring on her fingers.
• GET HER READY: The day a lady is proposed to is almost as important as the wedding day. It is a special moment and she will want to look her best for this occasion. You can get this done and still not ruin the surprise by recruiting her friends to help her get ready without intimating her of the occasion. They should be friends who are experts at keeping secrets.
I hope with these few points of mine, I’ve been able to convince you to look before you leap when it comes to proposing to your partner. Did I miss out any point? Feel free to add yours in the comment section.